Songs chosen!  

Posted by Twinkle

Taking a break from work cos the little bugger cells just keeled over on me, and I'm too totally dejected to continue my experiments, so here I am! Wow, it's been more than 5 months since our last update! Not much have happened since then, since it was too early to plan the remaining parts (which are the minute details, we'll probably complain about that in time to come), but...

Tah-dah! We have chosen our dance songs! Yeah, we're thinking of doing a short performance of rhumba followed by lindy hop. I used Garageband (a program given by Mac) to mix the songs together, and I must say, I'm proud of myself. At least, that's something I'm better at than HY. Hahaha... spent a long time with the songs, not because the program is difficult to use, but rather cos HY kept changing his mind about what he wants. I was reminded of my stint at ST Logistics, where I met an intern from NTU computing, who always complained about how he has to rewrite his software every week cos his boss can't make up her mind. Now I know how he felt, no wonder he started pulling out his hair. Luckily, HY only changed his mind 3 times else, I'll be bald too.

Now that the songs are chosen with the correct music, we just have to choreograph the dance. I'm not too worried about the rhumba, there's only a few bars (most of the song is spent on entering actually, :P) to work on, so no sweat! But, lindy's gonna be tough. I feel out of touch with the dance, since we took a long break from it, and not sure if our repertoire of steps are not too limited. Actually, some of the nicest lindy performances were made of simple but well-practised steps, so maybe we ought to stick to that formula, rather try to fit too many things in and cause too much clutter? It was kind of strange, but we met up with some LHE people recently, not by choice, but nevertheless, they were still the same bunch of people. It's amazing how some people don't change, or maybe they are just too reserved to let us know their real selves. I've always felt awkward with them, sort of like I don't fit. Anyway, we never got round to the topic, but these people still don't know the two of us have registered. They're not on our facebooks directly, and something tells me they don't do much facebook, so I guess they might never know if we say nothing. so chances are, they won't be in the audience... Which is kinda good, cos I'm not comfortable with doing lindy in front of them, it's like 班门弄斧, if you know what I mean.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 7, 2010 at Sunday, February 07, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment