Posted by R.

Ah hah, I've got quite a few updates here. We had our engagement party last Friday at Attica, which was really quite fun - if only I wasn't in a state of near-fainting from the stummy ache!!

Anyway, on Saturday Yanxian and I went on yet another romp at Pearl Centre. The place is an absolute gem for what we set out to do. Just months ago, Yanxian's favourite haunt for Swarovski crystal beads and beading supplies were Arab Street and Beads@Work respectively. Now, we found out that Pearl Centre has at least 4 very well-stocked shops selling these crystal beads at (if you'll believe it) even better prices than Arab Street. We went home with more of these hot-fix rhinestones by Swarovski at bulk prices.



Better yet (for me, the poor fiance-turned-tailor) I managed to lay my paws on this inexpensive rhinetone applicator.



The freaking applicator sped me up by more than 10x, and swiftly paid for itself simply for the convenience of it. As a result, I completed Yanxian's dress that evening! Hahahaha. Feeling very proud of myself. I'm not really sure what Yanxian was doing at that time though ... some belt or hair thing I think.

I also managed to buy the pen stand on Sunday at Bras Besah. That'll still need a little working on.

And finally, we have met with the 2 shortlisted florists, and decided to go with Peng Tze. He's actually this ice sculptor who also manages an events-decor company, and a real easy-going chap who's good to work with. I like the fact that he's not pushy about getting us to get more flowers or whatever - more of the contrary actually. He was giving suggestions like we don't need certain centrepieces (which the other florist was charging at $80), and even gave tips on the chair arrangement. The downside to it however, is that his style is really quite classic. I don't mean in the cheena sense, but just classic. Like what you'd expect at a company dinner, not at a DKNY runway show or something - i.e. staples, rather than chic. That's perfectly fine with me, however, since we weren't budgeting for extravagant decor anyway. The only problem came for Yanxian's hand bouquet - I'm sure Peng Tze would have provided a lovely bouquet, but I was really looking for something a little different and a little more fun for that one. I guess I'll somehow come up with doing it myself.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 2, 2009 at Monday, March 02, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment