Posted by R.

Yay, finally got hold of the vermiculite! I don't know why, but it was extremely difficult getting hold of any. I repeatedly visited several nurseries at Thomson, Ang Mo Kio, even at Sembawang, but to no avail. Finally I just bit the bullet and went straight to a hydroponics supplier and got a gigantic bag of the stuff today.

Now I'm just waiting on my seed order to arrive. Unfortunately, Singapore has suddenly become a major crop-producing hub in SE Asia - or you would otherwise be led to believe, given the amount of NEW red tape that our dear AVA has installed to prevent people from tending plants and saving the earth. I realised that I had to pay S$120 for a phytosanitary certificate for some packets of seeds from a reputable nursery in the US (which I suppose in AVA's eyes harbours copious amounts of Fusarium wilt fungus, aflatoxin, colorado beetles, aphids and bacterial blight). Bleargh. Anyway, I ordered from a new source, which should arrive in a week or so (fingers crossed).

Oh yeah - we've decided that other than our Bali photos, we might venture into doing a little photography ourselves. What we're doing now is scouting around for venues etc and doing some test shots, then we'll rent some equipment and do a shoot - should be fun! It might not be in time for our ROM, but it'll be fun nonetheless. So last weekend, other than my mushroom thingy, we headed down to Kent Ridge Park and took a few test shots.



It's nowhere as professional as the pros, but hey, it's all about the fun! This session was kind of impromptu though, so we didn't go prepared with insect spray and quickly became mosquito fodder.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 at Thursday, March 12, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment