Posted by R.

Hen & Stag Parties

My, what a weekend!

Just a little filler before the weekend thing - we spent 2 days at Jubilee Road doing our shoots in our makeshift home studio! I rented 2 very excellent lenses from Desmond, the Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L USM and EF 70-200 f2.8L USM. It turned out to be an excellent decision, even though it set me back by quite a bit. The images were contrasty and tack-sharp, and on hindsight I could have just made do with the 24-70mm lens. The second lens had a focal length that was just too long for my cropped factor camera body, althought it produced really flattering portrait shots at the long end of the zoom.

Here's a pic of the makeshift studio!

Yanxian's very ghetto dressing table. That lamp is actually my continuous flourescent light that is used for product shots.


The shoot covered 2 days - the first shoot was done in casual clothes, but alas! I initially set the camera to shoot in small jpg files while I was doing the lighting adjustments, and later forgot to set it back to RAW! Felt really sore about it, but thankfully the images were nothing to shout about anyway. The good thing that came out of this shoot was that it prepped me for the following day's shoot, and as a result things were done much faster as I was more familiar with the lighting adjustments and ratios.





We went back the next day with our ROM attire and a few other props. The main concept for this shoot was to do a series of seamless high-key shots, and some off-camera crosslighting as well.







I shall leave Yanxian to talk about her hen party. 

For my part, I met the guys at Raffles City for dinner at a Japanese restaurant. I suspect part of the bill was a result of Weijian's flirting with the manager! Anyway, we had a delightfully expensive sashimi platter ($150, whooooo!) made of this odd lionfish, sea urchin and flatfish. To be really honest though, I think I'll stick to salmon. 


Actually before that, we went into Topman to look at some ties that the guys were going to wear for Saturday. Most unfortunately, they spotted this awful-looking T-shirt that went "Does my C**K look big in this?" with a picture of a chicken in front. I was marched to the dressing room, my shirt got confiscated and they paid for the shirt - with me in it! It was seriously quite uncomfortable wearing such a cheeky-looking shirt. 


After dinner we headed down to Clarke Quay. We knew that the hen party was somewhere around, but I put my bet that they were probably in The Pump Room rather than Attica, since Yanxian hates the latter. (too many SPGs and leery guys.) But alas for us!! The stag party met the hens in Attica! They brought along this delightfully huge underwear for me, which read "Size Matters" - I simply loved it!! It's now hanging on the back of my car window, muahahaha. After a bit of dancing and after presenting a pair of frilly red panties to Yanxian down on my knees, we went our separate ways.



I think the highlight of the night was going to the gay bar after Attica. It was less sleazy than I thought it would be - the worst sights being some narcissistic topless guys flaunting their stuff (they do have stuff to flaunt, thankfully!) and a couple others grinding on the dance floor. But the great thing was that the music was better, the drinks were much stronger, and as Yingkai pointed out, people were there more to have fun rather than hawking around to pick people up. It was actually a great experience - one of those places that you'd never dream of going on less-than-crazy nights. Thanks guys, for such a fun night out!!

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 19, 2009 at Sunday, April 19, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment