Posted by R.

This has been somewhat a terrible week. Maybe as it draws closer to the date, my tolerance for slip-ups decreases drastically. I am now blogging using Yanxian's MacBook, as mine is now DEAD. Yes. Dead. With my last backup 2 weeks ago, this means that my edited photographs, songlists and others are now gone. I was plugging my computer into the printer outside, when it just went dead. Subsequently the computer couldn't detect the startup disk - probably a fried harddisk!! Thankfully, I still have all my RAW images on backup and on the SD card - I'll have to do post-processing again, but at least the photos are still there. Last night, Yanxian re-downloaded the wedding songlist and re-edited the important songs using GarageBand. 


The other silly thing that happened was that we actually missed our appointment at ROM. YES, I KNOW. The website said to go down for statutory declaration 3 days in advance, but the date they gave us was FOUR days in advance. Hello .. anyway, we did manage to go down yesterday, and the queue wasn't all that bad actually, just 3 couples ahead of us. It was a quick affair - verifying our documents, making sure I wasn't forcing her into marriage (heh heh ..) and swearing that I am who I claim I am. 

Also, a small little thing cropped up regarding Yanxian's dad - he's one of our witnesses - and we were slightly worried that he may not be able to attend. But thankfully that has also been settled, I think. 

We're collecting our stuff from the dry-cleaner's today (praying hard that the dress and suit will still be intact!!) and I'll probably drop my computer off for some repairs. Well .. if it's going to cost me a fair bit, I might just bite the bullet and get a new one. Maybe an iMac. 

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at Wednesday, April 22, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment