Posted by R.



Got a few things done over the weekend! After getting the vermiculite, I thought of soaking them in something to coat the stuff with goodies so that they can behave as slow-release fertilisers. So I dumped a batch into a solution of 30-5-5 nitrogen fertiliser and a vitamin B solution, and now they are in the process of drying out. I dug out a store of seeds as well, and to my surprise I actually have quite a bit of viable seeds stashed away. Most were collected through the years, including a few memorables ones which I bought from Morrison's in Glasgow. Now I'm just waiting for the real batch of seeds to arrive from Diane's, and we'll be packing the vermiculite-and-seed mix into the bottles as gifts.

I'm just hoping that people will actually grow them. I realise not everyone likes growing plants. But hey - it beats giving stuff like keychains right?

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 at Sunday, March 15, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment